The play of light: mindful watercolour mark-making. Friday 12th August 2016, 10am - 4pm.
Tutor: Ella Clocksin, at Waterperry Gardens, near Oxford.
Introducing mindful ways of using watercolour that are slower paced, perhaps even contemplative, which retain a relaxed looseness of application, without tightening up or over-working.
- One-day painting class in watercolour. 10 am - 4 pm.
- Suitable for all levels, with professional art tutor.
- Working in the studio and the beautiful grounds at Waterperry Gardens, near Oxford, OX33 1JZ.
- All materials, refreshments and free entry to the gardens included. £85.
- Bookings are made directly with Waterperry Gardens.
Waterperry Gardens provides a vast choice of subject matter and visual stimuli for both figurative and abstract work. As well as sheer light and space, natural and man-made features include ornamental water features and the River Thame, Palladian and vernacular architecture, parkland, formal and informal gardens, clipped yew, the orangerie, the chapel, garden centre plants, wooded spaces, distant hills, and figures of other visitors. The workshop is studio-based, with outside work in the gardens and estate. In bad weather, the tutor will provide either imagery from the gardens or still life material to work from.