Abstract, non-literal colour opens the way for luscious hues and intriguing colours not seen in nature. Come prepared to deepen your appreciation of how colours react to each other, while gaining practical control over their intensity and nuance in mixed media and watercolour.
This course is now fully booked for both residential and non-residential places.
- Luxury residential art retreat in a warm, light-filled Georgian house, sensitively restored to the highest standards.
- Non-residential places also available.
- Experienced, professional tutor in drawing, contemporary watercolour and mixed media.
- Suitable for all levels: individual support and feedback tailored to your aims, interests and level of experience.
- All materials, equipment and studio sundries included.
- Visual stimuli for both figurative and abstract painters all around, in the historic house and gardens, and Dales landscape.
- Historic interest: Darley House owned in 19C by Sir Joseph Paxton, Garden Manager at nearby Chatsworth, and designer of Crystal Palace.
- Accommodation choice of ensuite or separate bathrooms, and shared or single occupancy.
- Exquisite catering throughout by professional chef.
Thumbnail image: Ella Clocksin, Hillside, San Rafael 9, mixed media on paper.