Whether you're trying abstract painting for the first time or want to strengthen your existing work, this fun and friendly summer school course will give you lots of ideas and information. Working day to day on related mixed media and watercolour works, you will be surprised by how much you produce.
- Supported exercises will steer you through drawing from observation in our surroundings toward free and increasingly abstract mixed media and watercolours.
- Increase your sense of confidence and independence in tackling your subject matter and making it your own.
- Produce a small body of finished work that shows your development over the 4 days.
- All levels welcome, wherever you're starting from, including beginners, rusty returners and experienced painters new to watercolour or mixed media.
- 4-day course costs £250, with all materials and equipment included.
The course includes:
- Combining watercolour with mixed media including soluble crayons, wax resist, oil pastels, charcoal and chalk etc.
- Short demonstrations of drawing, painting, and technique.Information about achieving your intentions with colour and mixed media.Feedback and review tailored to your subject matter, aims, and experience.
This course has been moved to my private studio in Headington, Oxford, after the sad cancellation of this year's Buckingham Summer School for which it was originally planned.