The painted scribble 11.04.19 PT
The painted scribble 11.04.19 PT
Thursday 11th April 2019, 10am-4pm
The painted scribble
Enjoy the high energy of your individual scribbled mark in watercolour and mixed media, to loosen up and build shapes and textures against a scaffolding of more structured, simplified or abstracted composition. With reference to 20C artists including Frank Auerbach and Joan Mitchell.
What to expect
* Innovative and effective guided exercises in contemporary watercolour based on the workshop title, and independent work with tutor support. The classes are taught in watercolour with a contemporary feel, sometimes with drawing and mixed media work.
* The price includes high quality, professional grade watercolour paint and paper, and hot drinks. You'll need to bring a picnic lunch and we’ll send you a list of other materials and equipment to bring.
* A friendly atmosphere in mixed experience groups including beginners, rusty returners and experienced artists. We work from direct observation mostly still life and landscape and sometimes from your own drawings and source material.
* Group and individual input and feedback, relevant to your experience and aims, from professional artist-tutor with over 19 years' experience of teaching adults.
* Plenty to inspire: Cotswold buildings and landscapes, abundant and overflowing cottage gardens, as well as material in the studio.
Terms and conditions
All bookings are made directly through this website, not via Potato Town. Booking a class is understood to confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions, and also that of anyone else you're booking for.
If booking 3 or more classes, enter SUMMER19 in the discount code box during booking and then click APPLY to see the discounted total before you pay. If you don’t enter and apply the code for any reason, the full price is paid and the discount cannot be recouped later.
Unless cancelled within 14 days of booking, there is NO REFUND for later cancellations, because these are classified as date-specific leisure activities (like theatre tickets).
Transfer to a different class in this workshop programme at Potato Town might be possible if space allows, but is not guaranteed. It’s not possible to transfer a missed day to a different workshop programme.
Ella Clocksin accepts no liability for loss, damage, or injury arising from booking or attending art classes at Potato Town studios.
Potato Town Studios, Banbury Road, Swerford, Chipping Norton, OX7 4AP
SatNavs, map pins etc are not always reliable for this postcode. Use directions below, and look out for a small Cotswold stone barn by itself, on the A361, between Chipping Norton and Banbury.
1. Travelling SW on the A361/Banbury Road from Banbury towards Chipping Norton, the barn and car park entrance are on the left-hand side of the road, opposite the Swerford turn and 200m after the Boxing Hare pub (on right). Turn in left at the far side of the barn.
2. Travelling from Oxford on A44, turn right just before Enstone (see garage on your left) onto B4022/Tew Road, and continue about 9 miles until T-Junction. Turn left onto A361 towards Chipping Norton. 200m after The Boxing Hare (on right), you’ll see Potato Town on the left, opposite the Swerford turn. Turn in left at the far side of the barn.
3. Travelling NE on the A361 from Chipping Norton towards Banbury, Potato Town is on the right-hand side of the road, opposite the second turn for Swerford. Turn in right immediately before the barn. if you overshoot, turn round at The Boxing Hare (200m further on left) and try again.