Watercolour glazing 17.01.19
Watercolour glazing 17.01.19
Thursday 17th January 2019, 10am-4pm
Image: Ella Clocksin 2018, Citadel, watercolour
Watercolour glazing and colour
Get to grips with watercolour with Ella’s insights into classic glazing techniques: layering colour on colour for glowing transparent glazes of colour on colour, a shot-silk effect where two colours are visible in one. This foundational workshop is especially useful for artists new to watercolour, or those who’ve tried and can’t yet get it to glow, as well as for avoiding stripy, blotchy or muddy colour.
** If booking 3 or more classes, you must activate 5% discount by typing POTATO in discount code box and clicking 'APPLY’ during checkout before payment **
What to expect
* Innovative and effective guided exercises in contemporary watercolour based on the workshop title, and independent work with tutor support. The classes are taught in watercolour with a contemporary feel, sometimes with drawing and mixed media work.
* The price includes high quality, professional grade watercolour in relevant colours for the class, palettes to mix colours on, and hot drinks etc. You'll need to bring a picnic lunch and we’ll send you a list of other materials and equipment to bring after booking.
* A friendly atmosphere in mixed experience groups including beginners, rusty returners and experienced artists. We work from direct observation mostly still life and landscape and sometimes from your own drawings and source material.
* Group and individual input and feedback, relevant to your experience and aims, from professional artist-tutor with over 19 years' experience of teaching adults.
* Plenty to inspire: Cotswold buildings and landscapes, abundant and overflowing cottage gardens, as well as material in the studio.
Terms and conditions
All bookings are made directly through this website, not via Potato Town. Booking a class is understood to confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions, and also that of anyone else you're booking for.
If booking 3 or more classes, enter POTATO in the DISCOUNT CODE box during booking and then click APPLY to see the discounted total before you pay. If you don’t enter and apply the code for any reason, the full price is paid and the discount cannot be recouped later.
Unless cancelled within 14 days of booking, there is NO REFUND for later cancellations, because these are classified as date-specific leisure activities (like theatre tickets).
Transfer to a different class in this workshop programme at Potato Town might be possible if space allows, but is not guaranteed. It’s not possible to transfer a missed day to a different workshop programme.
Ella Clocksin accepts no liability for loss, damage, or injury arising from booking or attending art classes at Potato Town studios.
Address: Potato Town Studios, Banbury Road, Swerford, Chipping Norton, OX7 4AP
Potato Town is found on the main A361 between Chipping Norton and Bloxham/Banbury, and is best reached by car and main roads. With the post code, a Sat Nav will often take you to The Boxing Hare pub, in which case, see #1 below.
1. If travelling SW on the A361 towards Chipping Norton, the barn and car park entrance are on the left-hand side of the road, 600 yards from the Boxing Hare pub, and then opposite the first turn for Swerford.
2. If travelling NE on the A361 towards Bloxham (away from Chipping Norton) Potato Town is on the right-hand side of the road, opposite the second turn for Swerford village.