One-to-one art tuition, customised just for you, helps us focus on your goals more precisely than in classes.
1 hour: £42
90 minutes: £59
2 hours: £74
Consult Ella about any aspect of your painting or drawing or art practice. Chose a focus for your session from things like:
- How to get going, how to get out of a rut, or how to move forward.
- How to achieve the colours you want.
- Composition, perspective and scale of work.
- Practical and technical aspects of drawing and painting e.g. how to select materials and get the best out of them, how to avoid watercolour mud, how to stretch paper etc.
- Watercolour best practices, mixed media and collage.
- Loosening up.
- Contemporary and conceptual painting projects.
- Portfolio review, constructive critique of existing work (including 'is it finished?' 'should I make corrections/changes?') and developing broader future directions.
- Devising, planning and producing a series or body of connected work.
- Putting together a portfolio for application to a course, or a body of work for exhibition.
- Drawing: drawings to paint from, traditional and contemporary approaches to accurate observation, or more individual, conceptual, or abstract aproaches.
- Cutting mountboard or mats to display works on paper (you'd supply your own mountboard for this one).
Individual tutorials make a fantastic gift for painters at all levels - beginners, rusty returners, or experienced artists in need of a fresh eye and constructive consultation.
At the start of each tutorial, you'll be asked what you want to address so we can plan how to use the time effectively.
- Tutorials take place in Ella's Headington studio.
- After purchase, contact Ella to arrange a weekday date and time for the tutorial. It may be several weeks before the first tutorial can be scheduled.
- If it's a gift for someone, we can supply a gift voucher PDF for you to print or email.
- The price includes all necessary materials and equipment (other than mountboard for mat cutting tutorials).
- The tutorial must happen within two years of date of purchase.
- The tutorial cannot be exchanged for cash.