1. How do you collect personal data?
We process and store personal data when you request information by email e.g.
- Sign up to mailing list via website or Facebook page
- Opt in to mailing list via Mail Chimp signup form
- Direct request by email, phone, in person, or via mutual friend
- Write your email in visitors' book at an exhibition, workshop or demonstration
2. What personal data is stored?
- Where/when you signed up, opted in or requested emailed information
We may also record the following, if provided: if data is event-specific, it's not retained after the event
- Classes/tuition booked
- Payments, receipts and invoices
- Phone number(s)
- Exhibitions visited
- Art works purchased
- Dietary requirements for Derbyshire art retreats
- Name/phone number of emergency contact person in case of accident during classes or retreats
- Name/email/phone of anyone else who you make a booking for
You may request that some or all of your personal data is deleted at any time: either unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of a Mail Chimp email or contact Ella Clocksin directly from the website contact page >
3. What do you use my personal data for?
Your personal data is used only for core business purposes: bookings and teaching administration; accounts, invoices and payments; and marketing and public relations in connection with our core business activity
We will never share your personal data with any third party, without your express permission
We may seek permission, for example, to share names and emails with participants attending the same art course, to enable people to swap workshops: you may decline or withdraw permission at any point
4. How can I control what you email me about?
You may choose which subjects to receive emails about, via the sign-up form, currently Oxford art classes, Waterperry Gardens art classes, Derbyshire art retreats, and Ella Clocksin exhibitions
You may update your email preferences or unsubscribe at any time, using the link at the bottom of Mail Chimp emails, or contact Ella Clocksin directly from the website contact page >
5. How is my personal data stored?
Your personal data is stored on a private computer hard drive, with regularly updated security measures and firewall, and backed-up on a secured external hard drive and in iCloud, accessed only by Ella Clocksin
Your personal data is recorded in a password-protected Mail Chimp email account, accessed only by Ella Clocksin on a private computer