1. How do you collect personal data?
You give your consent for us to record and store limited personal data when you
- Sign up to mailing list via website or Facebook page
- Opt in to mailing list via Mail Chimp signup form
- Request information by email, phone, in person, or via mutual friend
- Write your email in visitors' book at an exhibition, workshop or demonstration
- Book an art class or course on the website
- Buy an artwork
2. What personal data is stored?
- Where/when you signed up or requested information
We may also record the following if provided:
- Classes/tuition booked or art purchased
- Payment amounts, receipts and invoices
- Phone number(s)
- Dietary requirements for Derbyshire art retreats
- Name/email/phone of anyone else you make a booking or purchase for
You may request that some or all of your personal data is deleted at any time: either unsubscribe from emails using the link at the bottom of our email messages or contact Ella Clocksin from the website contact page >
3. What do you use my personal data for?
Your personal data is strictly confidential and used solely for our core business activities: bookings and workshop administration; accounts, invoices and payments; and marketing and public relations in connection with art classes and exhibitions
Under no circumstances will we pass on your information to third parties, individual or corporate, for marketing purposes
We will never share your personal data with a third party unless required to do so by law, or to protect the website, business, or individuals from cyber crime, fraud, threats to copyright or personal safety etc
We would seek your express permission to share personal data only for specific, relevant and limited core business purposes such as
- Sharing your name and email with current Observation to Abstraction course members so that you can participate in the date swap system: you may decline or withdraw permission at any point
- Featuring your comments/feedback about Ella's classes on the Reviews page: you may decline or withdraw permission at any point
4. How can I control what you email me about?
You may update your email preferences or unsubscribe altogether at any time, using the link at the bottom of Mail Chimp emails or by request to Ella Clocksin
If you unsubscribe from emails, we are obliged to retain your email address, disabled and listed as unsubscribed, to ensure that we do not email you again in accordance with your wishes
5. How is my personal data stored?
Your personal data is stored on password-protected systems with regularly updated industry-standard security measures and firewall
If you make a booking on the website, or create your own password-protected account for easier future bookings, your payment card details are securely encrypted and accessible only to you and your card provider
- The cookies cannot identify you, your physical address or payment card details, or harm your computer
- Cookies record a visitor's IP address (a unique string of numbers that identifies the approximate location of the router where your computer currently connects with the internet but not your physical location) and how often this IP address re-visits the website
- You can set your internet browser preferences to accept or reject some or all cookies